Faculty of Data and Decision Sciences
Technion City, Haifa 32000
Office: Bloomfield 409
Email: shimrits at technion.ac.il
- In the upcoming Spring semester (2022/2023) I will be teaching a course “Optimization under Uncertainty” 096335 in the Technion. In this course I will cover theoretical and algorithmic framework for solving optimization in single- and multi-stage problems that incorporate parameter uncertainty. Specifically, we will discuss modeling and solution techniques for the case where the uncertainty is modeled using historical data.
- I am looking for graduate students and a postdoc which are interested in theory and application of optimization under uncertainty and data-driven optimization. Please contact me for more details.
I am an Assistant Professor in Faculty of Data and Decision Sciences (formely The William Davidson Faculty of Industrial Engineering and Management) at the Technion – Israel Institute of Technology.
Part of the optimization laboratory in the faculty.
I received my Ph.D. from the Technion in 2015. Thesis on “Robust Tracking via Semidefinite Programming and Noncovex Quadratically Constrained Quadratic Programming”, with advisor Prof. Aharon Ben-Tal
I received my M.Sc. in Operations Research and System Analysis in 2008 and my B.Sc. in Industrial Engineering and Management in 2002, both from Technion.
A video about my research: (see also Hebrew version)
- Robust and adaptive optimization.
- Data-driven optimization.
- Algorithms for nonconvex and mixed-integer optimization.
- Nonconvex and nonsmooth optimization theory and algorithms.
- First order and primal-dual methods.
- Semidefinite programming.
- Optimization applications in: inventory systems, estimation and control, statistics and healthcare.