- Ph.D. in Operations Research, Technion- Israel Institute of Technology, 2015. Thesis on “Robust Tracking via Semidefinite Programming and Noncovex Quadratically Constrained Quadratic Programming”, Advisor: Prof. Aharon Ben-Tal .
- M.Sc. in Operations Research and System Analysis, Technion- Israel Institute of Technology, Graduated summa cum laude 2008. Thesis on “Multi-Echelon Robust Supply-Chain Control”;
Advisors: Prof. Boaz Golany and Prof. Aharon Ben-Tal .
- B.Sc. in Industrial Engineering and Management, Technion- Israel Institute of Technology, Graduated summa cum laude 2002.
Honors & Awards:
- The Nancy and Steven Grand Career Advancement Chair Fellow, Technion 2018-2020.
- Honorable mention for the 2015 INFORMS Optimization Society Student Paper Prize INFORMS announcement. Pic.
- Rubinstein travel scholarship – for traveling to ISMP2015, in memory of Prof. Reuven Rubinstein, IE&M Faculty, Technion 2015.
- Excellence Scholarship – IE&M Faculty, Technion 2014.
- Jacobs fellowship for excellence – awarded to outstanding graduate students, The Technion 2014.
- TMIP (Technion MIT Internship Program) Scholarship, The Technion 2013.
- 2019 – MIT Operations Research Center Best Student Paper Award for Bradley Sturt for our work D. Bertsimas, S. Shtern, B. Sturt, “A data-driven approach to multi-stage linear optimization”, 2018, pic.
- 2019 – Eyal Gur – 3rd Place in IE&M poster contest for our work E. gur, S. Sabach, S. Shtern, “A globally convergent approach to the wireless sensor localization problem”.
- 6th International Conference on Continuous Optimization (ICCOPT 2019), Berlin (Germany), August 2019.
- BIRS Workshop on Sequential Decision Making under Uncertainty,
Banff (AB, Canada), January 2019. Video.
- 21st International Symposium on Mathematical Programming (ISMP 2018),
Bordeaux (France), Jul 1-6, 2018.
- INFORMS Annual Meeting 2016,
Nashville (TN, USA), Nov. 13-16, 2016.
- 2016 INFORMS International Conference,
Big Island, Hawaii, June 12-15, 2016.
- 22st International Symposium on Mathematical Programming (ISMP 2015),
Pittsburgh (PA, USA), July 12-17, 2015.
- Operations Research Societies Israel Conference 2015 (ORSIS 2015),
Haifa (Israel), May 10-11, 2015.
- 21st International Symposium on Mathematical Programming (ISMP 2012),
Berlin (Germany), Aug. 19-24, 2012.
- Operations Research Societies Israel Conference 2012 (ORSIS 2012),
Ma’ale Hahamisha (Israel), June 3-4, 2012.
Contributed Conference Talks:
- INFORMS Annual Meeting 2017,
Houston (TX, USA), Oct 22-25, 2017.
- Operations Research Societies Israel Conference 2014 (ORSIS 2014),
Tel-Aviv (Israel), Apr. 22-23, 2014.
- EURO Mini-conference on Optimization in the Natural Sciences (EURO mini 2014),
Aveiro (Portugal), Feb. 5-9, 2014. Photos
- 22nd Europian Conference on Operational Research (EURO 2007),
Prague (Czech Republic), July 8-11, 2007.
- 14th Industrial Engineering and Management Conference (IE&M 2006),
Tel-Aviv (Israel), 2006.
- Operations Research Societies Israel Conference 2006 (ORSIS 2006),
Nahariya (Israel), 2006.
- OR Seminar, Erasmus School of Economics, Rotterdam (The Netherlands), Sep 2018.
- IEMS department seminar,
Northwestern University, Evanston (IL, USA), Oct 2017.
- Seminar for the Numerical Optimization group led by Prof. Kostina,
Philipps-Universität Marburg (Germany), Jul 2014.
Invited session Organizer:
ORSIS (Israeli OR society conference) 2018, 2019.